Yesterday I made a call to company I do business with and got a message I’m sure you’ve heard. The old “Your call is very important to us” message.
- If my call is so important why not answer it in some reasonable timeframe?
- If my call is so important then why not just answer it with a real person?
- If my call is so important why am I listening to all this annoying advertising?
- If you’re going to keep me on hold play me some Old School Funk music please.
- If my call is so important why am I now hearing my estimated wait time is 10 minutes?
- My God…They’ve got a whole bunch of people who’s calls are very important to them all on hold. How are they still in business?
How To Improve Customer Service – here’s one way… Answer the phone!